A BRIEF OVERVIEW
IT CAN HELP YOU AVOID FINES AND LAWSUITS
- European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2018 (UK DPA 2018);
- Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA);
- Australia Privacy Act of 1988;
- The California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA);
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA);
- Delaware Online Privacy Protection Act (DOPPA);
- Nevada’s Revised Statutes Chapter 603A;
- Colorado Privacy Act (goes into effect in 2023); and
- Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (goes into effect in 2023).
These laws were created to protect the consumers of those states and countries, not the businesses. This means that these laws can apply to businesses outside of those states and countries and may apply to you if you do business there, collect the personal information of residents of those states or countries, or offer goods or services there.
Fines for violations of privacy laws start at $2,500 per violation (per website visitor).
NEW PRIVACY BILLS AND THEIR EFFECT
More information can be found here: https://termageddon.com/us-privacy-bill-tracker/
If your website gets inquiries from across state lines,
your business may be required to comply with multiple state privacy laws.
Our recommended solution: Termageddon
- Terms of Service
- End User License Agreement
Cap Web Solutions can help. Contact us today to help you get your policies set up in 15 minutes or less.
Protect your business today.
License permits: Sharing, copying, and redistributing in any medium or format including adapting, remixing, transforming, and building upon the material for any purpose, even commercially. The image may be redistributed for free under the same Creative Commons license but may not be sold, attribution is required to obtain and maintain a license.
License: Creative Commons 3 – CC BY-SA 3.0
Original Author: Nick Youngson – link to – http://www.nyphotographic.com/
Original Image: https://www.thebluediamondgallery.com/typewriter/p/privacy-policy.html